The world according to the Gothic Lolita Lunatic turned 1 today!
…Apparently I’ve been wasting my life on here for a year now. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not…
One of my favourite shows:
One of my least favourite shows:
Do you see my problem
That you don’t actually like Doctor Who?
That you only like RTD-era Who and are being unnecessarily passive-aggressive toward the Moffat era in order to make your opinion seem relevant?
You are not understanding. Let me break it down for you:
- The Bechdel test means nothing. There are horrible movies and even porn that pass it and great movies that are widely loved that don’t. It’s worthless in measuring the quality of a thing, or how the female characters are presented.
- I’d like evidence of this misogyny and queerphobia please, preferably from the actual show so that it counts for something.
- The storylines aren’t all that complex if you pay attention and actually think about it. If you don’t understand time travel-related plot points in a show about time travel, that’s your problem, not his.
- The Bechdel test means nothing
- People love to talk about Moffat’s plot holes. Please, show them to me so that I may understand what the bloody hell you’re talking about.
- The show gets retconned all the time, it’s not just Moffat that’s done it. There was one episode back in the old Doctor Who where Romana was trying on bodies like they were frickin clothes, but that’s never been mentioned again, nor has it been considered a canon thing Time Lords can actually do.
- So what if he has a bit of an ego? That’s completely irrelevant to his writing except for that one joke. Can’t a guy make a joke in his work anymore without people bitching at him for it?
- The Bechdel test means n o t h i n g
Look, I get that not everybody is going to like the same things as me. I personally feel that RTD’s era degraded over time, started out as something great but spiralled into an obsession with Rose and depressing stories and I never was completely satisfied with how Mickey was treated. I understand not everyone agrees with me.
However, I hate when people use weak and false reasons to hate Moffat’s work on the show. You don’t have to like what I like, but don’t act as if he is somehow objectively worse. Subjectively, depends who you ask, but all these cries of Bechdel test and plot holes and “the story’s too complicated for me” come across as simple excuses.
You are welcome to your opinions. I am also welcome to criticize the reasoning behind them.
STOP IT STOP IT NOW THIS IS SO VERY WRONG
this is beautiful
I LOVE IT
- If you think that nail polish is totally your color, wear it
- If you think that dress totally matches your figure, rock it
- If you think high heels make you look sexy, strut them
- If you wanna shave your legs, go for it
- If you wanna wear makeup because it makes you feel beautiful, don’t hesitate
- Your value as a person and attractiveness is not based on your genitals or how masculine you are
- You are cute and if anyone tells you otherwise, ignore them
- Please don’t neglect your health though, because people love you and want you to be around as long as possible so they can spend time with you
- Nice butt
Yes to all of this. Guys, don’t let other people get you down. Eddie Izzard wore dresses and makeup for a while and he looked great when he did it. Just do what makes you feel beautiful ^_^
suddenly realizing you’re a furry like
What is this anyways o.o
That gif is from the latest League of Legends promo video.
Puppy #1 (Snoopy is his name)
Puppy #2 (His name is Carson)
This is my wee cat Robin when he was a baby. He lives with me and mod Kristoph, and he’s still adorable even though he got bigger and older.
He was born in a barn with his other siblings. Them and their mother had been living in the walls of the place, so the farmer was a bit surprised when Mama started carrying them out of the hole. We adopted him when he was a few months old. He’s almost 2 now.
He sleeps a lot, even now. He usually sleeps on the top of the sofa, or on Kristoph’s bed.
I love my Robin so much. He’s just the sweetest little daft cat there is.
If you could have only one pokemon as a pet what would it be?
I’d choose arcanine
Ninetails or Charmander
You all want wild shit.
Just give me Farfetch’d and it’s all good.
Dragonite. ITS DRAGONITE BITCH.
Giratina. Go big or go home.
Charmander would be neat too.
Arceus, creator of all pokemon
meta-ing this post the fuck up
also second choice
because all the pokemon transformations
I stumbled upon this very informative quiz (www,checkmyprivilege,com/quiz) to educate me on just how privileged I am exactly. I am an extremely privileged “shitlord” with a score of 175. I shall repent to the lords of tumblr by posting every day that i am a privileged white middle income heterosexual man and that i am ashamed on it or gee, i have no idea how i’ll ever be able to live!
Love how this mentions otherkin BEFORE trans people.
Also, I managed to score -195. I am apparently the most oppressed person on this bloody website, so fuck the SJWs, I get to say what I want.
But seriously, this test is the finest horse manure.
THAT MOMENT WHEN SEVEN CELEBRITIES CALL OUT ROBIN THICKE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION AND MAKE YOU FEEL LESS ALONE
¬_¬ Just more people misinformed about a song and not really listening to the lyrics.